Now that you’re hired, there are some other things to think about, specifically, staying hired. Babysitting coupons are a great way to gain repeat business with each of your clients. Utilizing it effectively will help you maintain business with ease while you focus on getting new business.
I thought of this idea as I was out grocery shopping with my son.
I found myself scouraging my wallet last minute at check out looking for this little piece of paper that said “$2” on it. Unfortunately, the cashier told me the coupon expired just a couple of days ago and did not display even the subtlest hint of being soft in hopes of accepting this cash coupon. From that day on i kept a tight ship on those coupons and made sure I went to that particular grocery on time to redeem the coupon.
What is the moral of this story?
A babysitter, like groceries, are a necessity (not exagerrating) to some families. As a mother myself, there are just some days where I need to be away from home to recollect myself. Parenthood is tough and full time mom or not, we will need a babysitter at one point or another. Using the same concept of the grocery coupon with your clients is a great way to encourage them to hire you again, and a better excuse for the mom or dad to use the “get out of the house semi-free” card.
Set an expiration date
Its always good practice to set an expiration date on things because…
- It creates a sense of urgency
- You won’t have parents calling you up three years later asking to redeem that coupon.
Remember, the concept of the coupon is to encourage consistent bookings.
Make sure you stick to the expiration date
I know, it’s hard to say no to things sometimes but it’s imporant you stick with the date because…
- If you let it slide once most likely they will expect you to let it slide again and eventually the expiration date will be nonexistent to them. Do expect calls from them asking you to redeem it at random times over the next couple of years.
- If 1. happens the whole idea of the coupons will be defunct.
- Maybe not at the moment you decline the coupon but later on, the parents will see that you stick to your guns and may come to respect that as a reflection of how you are with their kids - someone who puts their foot down.